Here are the tenets that we, the founding fathers (ha ha) have set for ourselves. All our efforts in the past and our future efforts will be attune to these principles.
- Pixza will be a social game that promotes real real-time interaction among users - We believe that real-time 'interaction' and 'social' go hand-in-hand just like in the real-world definition of socializing. Multiplayer games should not be asynchronous games, where you actually play only as a single player most of the time.
- We will not require the installation of any browser-plugins - This has been the core principle that made us push the limits of technology to enable the really realtime interaction. The result of this has been that we could potentially support mobile safari on the iphone and ipad in the foreseable future with a little tweaks. That will be quite an achievement for a multi-player browser-based game!
- Pixza will be a "as simple as you want, as complicated as you think" game - Pixza's game play is incredibly simple. To sum it up in one line: move your pixels into your watermark. It's really that simple. This will enable people from every demographic to experience the simple thrills of an online game. But then for the more experienced, conjuring up new strategies to win the game are limited only by imagination.
- We will NEVER resort to spam - While virality and spam seem to go hand-in-hand in the social gaming context, we will never resort to cheap tactics to improve our virality. To this end, if any Pixza content shows up on the Facebook Stream, it means the user wanted to publish it of her own volition and not because we forced the user to give us extended permissions to auto-post to the stream. These spammy posts are quite an irritation. Trust us, we know!
- Spread the love for Erlang. Pixza is powered by the awesomeness of Erlang and its inherent scaling capabilities. You should check it out!